Sunday, December 12, 2010

Attention all Diesel Boys!

My brother is raving about these new TURBO DENIM by Diesel..From raw to vintage in 30 days. Woohoo or is it just a fad? I cant wait to find out.

The denim is laced with a Japanese enzyme called Turbo-tech hence the denim name.  The enzyme helps to accelerate the aging process and voila just in 30 days you go from raw to vintage. Once washed, the enzymes clear and the look of jeans is permanent. Fabulous and fun eh?  




I have a a lot of respect for denim designers.  Companies invest thousands of dollars each year to come up with new and innovative ways to break denim in.   Although the process is long and tedious it is well worth it.  Every company has their own technique, some use pebbles and debris along with enzymes to break raw denim, while some claim to use sand paper by hand on each pair-WOW, talk about patience.
So I guess that explains why high quality denim can be so costly.  Believe me they are worth every penny.

(All this enzyme talk takes me back to my Chemistry days...sigh...)
Kisses,
m.

1 comment:

  1. sounds cool! will have to check them out when they come out.

    ReplyDelete